New Year always seems like that holiday that just keeps going and going and going. First, there's all the "end of year...best of...worst of..." articles, news stories, blog posts, etc. that start the day after Thanksgiving. Then, there's this chunk of down time betwixt Christmas and New Year's Eve where it's still "the holidays", but you don't really know what to do with yourself.
Then, there's the celebration itself. Is it on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day? And on years like this, where there's a weekend after the holiday, it's all football games, parades, or in my house, video games and snacking.
And, oh, the resolutions. Don't get me started on my resolution track record.
But I still love it.
Anyhoo, with a bit of down time, I decided to catch up on a bloggy award I received from not one but two people a while back...the Honest Scrap Award (thank you, Michele and Dawn!)
1. List ten honest things about yourself.
2. Pass it on to seven other bloggers.
Here are my ten honest things:
1. I'm a messy person, but there's a method to my madness (even if I'm the only person who knows what that method is).
2. I collect movie ticket stubs and write a memory from the movie-going experience next to the ticket in my scrapbook.
3. I played the drums in high school.
4. I taught archery at camp. I am horrible at it.
5. I pronounce the word "debacle" DEB-a-cull. This drives Hubbykins crazy.
6. I spend a lot of time worrying that the Pea's diet is not varied enough.
7. I spend a lot of time worrying, period.
8. I was the ninth grade typing school champion. (okay, that makes it sound like I went to typing school--typing champion of my junior high.)
9. I, not so secretly, want to live here or here.
10. I love my life.
And I am passing this on to seven ladies I know in real life who personify honesty and scrappiness in my most humble opinion:
(Can I just say how difficult it is to choose only seven people to give this award to? Even after limiting it to people I'm friends with/related to IRL.)
Until later, keep it honest. Keep it scrappy.
Happy New Year...Again!
My name's Karen Akins. And my debut YA sci-fi novel LOOP is coming out October 21, 2014 with St. Martin's Press. It's all sorts of time travelly goodness. I'm a self-professed geek--also a wife to Hubbykins, a mom to the Pea and Boo, and a follower of Jesus. And, occasionally, I find time to vacuum. I'm repped by the marvelous Victoria Marini at Gelfman Schneider Literary Agency.